NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY (NDA), KHADAKVASLA, PUNE
Date of Examination : The examination conducted by UPSC is held twice a year in the months of April and September for which the notification is published in the Employment News in November and April respectively.
1. Army Wing of National Defence Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10 +2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
2. For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Pattern of Examination :
You will appear for two papers comprising Mathematics and General Ability of 300 and 600 marks respectively. Both papers have objective type multiple choice questions. The duration for each paper is 2-1/2 hours.
The Mathematics paper consists of Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trignometry and Statistics. The General Ability paper is divided into two parts :
• Part A : English Usage (Maximum Marks 200)
• Part B : General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400)
The General Knowledge paper broadly covers Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Interview : (900 marks)
In addition to the interview, candidates are given the following tests :
• Intelligence Test (verbal and non-verbal)
• Group Tests (group discussions, group planning, out-door group tasks)
• Brief lectures on specified subjects.
All these tests are intended to judge the mental calibre of the candidate.
The selected candidates are trained at the NDA for 3 years. After completion of training they are awarded a Bachelor\'s degree by the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
The selected candidates for the three services, viz., Army, Navy and Air Force are given preliminary training both academic and physical for a period of 3 years at the National Defence Academy which is an Inter-Service Institution. The training during the first two and a half years is common to the cadets of three wings. On passing out from the National Defence Academy, Army cadets go to the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun, Naval Cadets to the Cadets Trainingship and Air Force cadets to AFA, Hyderabad/BFTS, Allahabad.
The Indian Military College (RIMC) prepares students for NDA
• The candidates should not be less than 12 years of age but must not have attained the age of 13 years on 1st January (for terms commencing on 20th January) and 1st July (for terms commencing on 1st August).
• The candidates should have passed class 7th from a recognised school at the time of admission into RIMC.
For the prospectus and question papers for admission to RIMC you may contact the Administrative Officer at the following address :
The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) Dehradun Cantt. 248003, U.P.